Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Lifelong Dream

Everyone has calling, whether they know it or not. Big or small, short or tall, the smartest in class, or the dumbest on the streets, we are are made for a higher purpose. You see, we have these passions that are implanted in us since before we were born, from the beginning of time. He thought of us. He gave us hopes, dreams, and passions that burn inside us, anxiously waiting to be released in order to change the world in our own little way. (Or drastic. You see, one small thing can mean the world to someone else. A smile you may give to someone may just be a reflex for you, but a life-saver for another). Yes, our hobbies and interests are influenced by the media and our social environment, but this passion that I am talking about, it's something like no other. When your body, your work, and your plans meet your passion, nothing remains the same. You feel a sense of wholeness. A sense of completion. And suddenly most things in this crazy world finally make sense.

I am in love with international families. I love international children and how they interact with this new and exciting world. I love watching them in action, observing how they perceive different circumstances, but mostly...I love how they turn my world upside down. I have learned so much from people of different cultures and they change a little part of me every time I am with them. My passion began when I went on a mission trip to Guatemala in 2009, now I am working with International children from all cultures at First Baptist Church of Tallahassee teaching them English and the love of Jesus at the same time, and I will be going to Nicaragua in December of 2010!

This blog is about the journey in which my Lord is leading me and how I come to find who I truly am through Him. The process isn't complete, and I am not perfect by any means, but it is so refreshing to know that even if I make mistakes, I know I am still on the right track. Each day I wake, my Savior says "Get ready for this!" and I brace myself for the wonders He is about to reveal to me.

In these next posts, you will experience Guatemala with me, as it really happened each day and see pictures I took on the trip. You will hear about my new life in Tallahasse with my international babies and how they bring immense amounts of joy to my life. I will bring you with me as I prepare for my trip to Nicaragua and share with you everything my Lord shares with me. So look out world and "Get ready for this!"

Love always,
Sabrina Q.

No comments:

Post a Comment